Wednesday, February 23, 2011

A New brother

Lord have mercy on my children, bless their hearts they are both like their Mom when it comes to taking care of stray animals, wounded wildlife and in this case orphans.  Our homeschool group went to Winter Jam, (which is a christian concert for those of you who have never heard of it), this past weekend and they were talking about all the children that need homes. So when we met with the group on monday they were praying for them and telling some of the things that were said about them at the concert.  I looked over at my son and could tell he was touched by the story that was being told, he never said anything at that moment just went on with his normal day of school work.
After our day was over and we got in the car to leave he popped the question, "Moma can we adopt a boy my age that can speak my language?  I'm tired of playing with all these girls all the time!"  I told him he would have to talk to his daddy.  Then Gracie says "I don't think so bub, if you get to buy a boy I want a girl my age that I can play with!!"  They argued back and forth for what seemed like forever and finally let it go.  The next morning though, Tboy was asking me  "did you talk to daddy last night?" I told him that I had mentioned it to him and he was not going for it right now. Tboy was so disappointed and said "why not? "  Well daddy just said we don't really have the room right now. They don't understand why we can't just go pick one up!  It's been two days now since that conversation and he still keeps bringing it up asking when do you  think we might move so we can have more room to go get a brother!  What in the world am I gonna do about this?
lots of love, 
Davis family  

1 comment:

  1. He is so sweet. Paige always asks for a little sister too. We sponsored a little girl through Compassion International....better than nothing, I guess ;)

    ReplyDelete